Saturday, March 10, 2012

Is it worth trading my current laptop for this one?

So I bought this computer 1.5 years ago and besides having school work, I like to play games. My current video card is getting pretty weak, including for Battlefield 3 coming in 5 months and I bet it won't even let me run on low settings.





So heres my current laptop specs:

15.6 inch screen (1388x780);

Intel dual core T6600 (2.20Ghz)

ATI Mobility Radeon 4650M

This laptop costed 700 euros 1.5 years ago.



Should I now invest on this one?

HP dv6t quad core edition

Intel i7-2630QM Sandy bridge (turbo boost 2.90Ghz)

Same screen

ATI 6770M

Comes already with USB3.0



So, should I invest 1000 euros on this laptop?Is it worth trading my current laptop for this one?
I bought a expensive laptop for school and games, and if i could turn back time i wouldn't do it again. The money i spend on my laptop, would be much better spent on building a decent desktop for gaming. The hardware you can buy for your 1000 euro's will be A LOT better to play games on than in that laptop (just some personal advice ^^).



For whats in the laptop, i guess it's worth the price, but be sure to compare laptops a lot before buying one. HP often (but not always) has a problem with cooling in laptops, but every brand has one or more problems. So keep an eye on other forums and ask lots of questions if you go buy one ^^.



I hope this helped you make up your mind.

Greetings

Tom CoolsIs it worth trading my current laptop for this one?
I recommend highly against HP Laptops. Read about the issues that relate specifically to their DV series notebooks, which have been offered for years as multimedia systems. Each model have incredibly high failure rates; add that to the recall numbers that followed a chipset failure and you'll get the picture that they're highly unreliable.



Check out the reliability survey I source. Toshiba particularly offers high reliability, though their offerings tend toward being lower-performing. Personally, I've used Toshiba laptops eversince I owned Laptops and none of them have failed on me.
  • ginos east
  • characters dragon age
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment