Sunday, March 4, 2012

Internet speed dropped?

Yesterday I moved my router into my room to use a DSL connection to download a patch, DSL is supposedly faster but I only achieved 30KB/s from my usual 120KB/s on wireless ( the other day a download went at 120 KB/sec).



Annoyed at this I reconnected everything so that my computer now only runs of wireless and tried downloading the file again, annoyingly I now only get a max of 27 KB/sec and all computers in my house seem to have slower internet since. So far I've tried diagnosing and repair and resetting the modem and computer with no affect. How can I resolve this issue?



Another question is the file I've been trying to download is the battlefield 2 1.5 patch due to its massive 1.9GB size it kept cutting off vefore it downloaded. How can I get this file to download without it cutting off?



Any help/ sensible suggestions will be appreciated,

Thanks.Internet speed dropped?
Do the download wired instead. There is too many possibilities of getting interference on the wireless, at any time, causing a blip in the connection. Wireless is not 100% reliable, it is always subject to problems like interference or signal loss...



If you want reliability, do it wired. If it disconnects with that, then you may have a problem with your service, which your ISP should look into...Internet speed dropped?
Try shutting off the internet on all the other devices using up bandwidth. I did that and was able to download a bad company 2 patch ten times as fast. It should work.

No comments:

Post a Comment