Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I need help installing a patch for Battlefield 2?

I've got an idea what the problem is, it's Windows Vista. I reninstalled Battlefield 2 and I'm trying to patch it. I got the 1.41 downloaded and installed. Now I've got 1.5 downloaded but I can't get it installed. I double-click it and it loads, but it keeps loading. I've let it try to load for over an hour and the install prompt hasn't popped up yet. It didn't even do that damn "Are you sure you can trust this thing?" prompt Vista does.I've tried deleting the patch and redownloading it, but it's doing the same thing....



Anyone got a solution?I need help installing a patch for Battlefield 2?
Yeah Vista has a lot of security which causes a lot of problems. Either disable the UAC, user authentication control, or run it as an administrator.



Right click on it, go to run as administrator.



Also, don't forget about special forces, that can mess it up too.



Install in this order.



BF2

Special Forces

1.41

1.5





If you install special forces after 1.41 or 1.5 it reverts to 1.11.

No comments:

Post a Comment