Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Battlefield 2 patch error/installation help?

I have battlefield 2 installed on my comp (its on my 1TB external HD and it runs and works fine). Its never been patched or modded etc.



Going to join the online experience soon but first got told to patch the game to 1.5. So i downloaded the 1.9GB patch. Came up with an error in installation setup saying 'you already have a newer version installed'. Done some googleing, found that v1.41 needs to be patched first. Downloaded the patch of the BF2 official site and on installation setup comes up with the error message 'Unable to get available disk space'. Followed by 'You have too little space on your harddrive to patch BF2(TM). You need at least 420MB on your Windows Drive and at least 1670MB on your BF2 drive.'



Common sence, I have plenty of free space on both drives (external where BF2 is installed and on main internal drive). I restarted my comp (not that I think it would have helped anyways) but that obviously didn't help.



Any ideas people? Only give answers if you actually know the answer/solution don't take guesses.



I'm presuming it might be related to the fact its installed on my external drive.



I would re-install it or try installing it on my main C drive but that takes time. I'm hoping its something like a simple fix.



(Oh yeh and I've tried changing this folder name to 'InstallShield_old' under common files in program files which was said by a user on some forum saying it was the problem. But it didn't work).



Cheers people.Battlefield 2 patch error/installation help?
Yeah, its got to do with your disk space. Try installing it on a drive that has enough space to store all those game files. Best to install in C drive. Also, make sure you get punkbuster update file.



And about bf2, that game is already so old. Its not like they update the game with newer and newer additions.



The last time I tried playing it, not many people even play it. Servers are usually empty. EA even stopped operating servers in some countries such as Thailand and Singapore.



I would recommend a different and more latest game. Try BF2142, Call of Duty - Modern Warfare, Crysis, and others.Battlefield 2 patch error/installation help?
You have download the punkbuster update from a website. Click it and save it on your bf2 file where the PB file is saved.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment